Bathroom toilet shopping tips
There are surprisingly many things to consider when buying a new toilet. Do you want a comfort height toilet? Do you want an elongated bowl? Do you want a floor mounted toilet? Examine these options before you shop to help narrow your selection and find the best toilet for your bathroom.
What to consider when toilet shopping:
- Rough-in size: A rough-in is the distance from the wall to the center of the hole on which the toilet is mounted. A rough-in can be 10,” 12” or 14.” Be certain and measure your rough-in prior to purchasing your new toilet to avoid complications.
- Toilet type: Toilets come in one or two pieces. One-piece toilets are made for easy cleaning, while two-piece toilets fit in a traditional bathroom.
- Bowl shape: Toilet bowls can either be round or elongated. Elongated bowls offer modern style, while round bowls are great space-savers.
- Toilet height: Toilets are available in either standard height or comfort height. A standard height toilet is a lower bowl, and a comfort height toilet is standard chair height.
- Flush system: A single flush system features a larger trapway, which can reduce or eliminate clogging issues. A dual flush system offers full and half-water flushing, which makes the toilet water efficient.
Ferguson associates are the toilet experts. We have everything you need to help you pick the right toilet for your home. Our wide selection of toilets combined with our expert knowledge makes Ferguson your destination for toilet shopping.