Automated Meter Reading Technologies
Streamline your meter reading process with automated metering technology from Ferguson. Our team of experienced in-house metering associates, known as the Meter and Automation Group, will help you find and install water meters and the best automated metering reading solutions based on the needs of your municipality. We design complete turnkey metering solutions both inside the house and at the meter pit from the first to the last install. Discover our full range of automated meter reading technologies to help you save time and resources.
Advanced Metering Infrastructure
Our highly-trained associates specialize in designing and implementing Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), or Fixed Network technology. These smart meter reading systems offer one way, two-way and hybrid data transfer between the water meter and the metering system database through radio or cell phone signals. We have created proprietary web-based software to efficiently process, schedule and share AMI meter data. AMI from Ferguson provides these strategic advantages for municipalities:
- Increased revenue
- Meters are read more frequently and with increased accuracy
- Meter tampering is automatically detected
- Changes to water rates are easily implemented
- Reduced operating costs
- Short and consistent billing cycles
- Indoor meters and outdoor pit meters can be read accurately from a remote location
- Eliminates keypad and recording errors incurred during manual reading
- Environmental protection
- Water line leaks detected sooner, so they can be repaired faster
- Remote shut-off valves can be installed to automatically cut of water to leak location
Automatic Meter Reading
In addition to our comprehensive AMI solutions, we are also your source for Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) technology. The AMR technology we provide addresses the aging infrastructure challenges confronting many municipal water departments. AMR technology from Ferguson includes:
- Drive-by metering: This resource-saving metering solution allows water meter data to be collected instantly on-the-go. After installing the reading device and software in a van or work truck, your meter reading crew can quickly obtain accurate meter readings simply by driving through a service area.
- Touch-read metering: For areas that are not conducive to vehicles, touch-read metering is an excellent meter reading solution. Touching a hand-held meter reading device directly to the water meter sends a radio signal that automatically transmits meter data and stores it in the hand-held device.
Automated metering brands
Our strong relationships with key vendors mean you have access to industry-leading metering technology. You’ll find quality water metering products and accessories from these top brands:
Connect with Ferguson Waterworks to take advantage of our comprehensive automated metering solutions.